The COM Wellness Program is excited to announce the October Mental Fitness Challenge. We offered a similar challenge in March 2021, and it went so well that we are offering it again in October 2021. All COM employees have access to the Wise@Work App, which offers a number of short, work-focused meditation practices and learning modules to help you find some calm and balance before, during, and after your workday.
Check out what some College of Marin employees have said about the app and challenge:
“I’m very grateful for the Wise at Work app. Taking that 5 or 10 minutes out of my day to refocus my mind has been a spiritual cleanser. I’ve also started to use it with my two young children and they look forward to our nightly meditation routine.”
“I love the Wise@Work app! I have trouble meditating on my own, so guided meditations are great. It has been especially helpful for dealing with the anxiety, stress, and focus during these unprecedented times. My favorite thing is that in as little as 5 minutes, I can completely adjust my attitude.”
"The wise@work meditation & app has been a godsend for keeping centered, focused, sleep & dealing with anxiety during the pandemic. I became engaged through the wellness challenge & subscribed after the free challenge period. I use it almost daily for guided meditations - it's so convenient & in as little as 5 mins, I can change my headspace."
Why Mental Fitness?
The Mental Fitness Challenge is an opportunity to focus on taking care of ourselves through mindfulness, meditation and learning, even during a busy semester and school year. Regular mindfulness practice has proven to lower stress, reduce burnout, increase creativity, and build resilience—in addition to improving your personal health and wellbeing. If meditations are not your thing, the Wise@Work App also has other learning modules and series that focus on work situations and discussions. There is something for everyone to enjoy and use on the Wise@Work App!
What is the Challenge Goal?
Complete at least 20 meditations and/or learning modules in October on the Wise@Work App, and you'll be entered into a drawing for e-gift card prizes!
How to Join:
- Download the Wise@Work App from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
- On the app, create an account using your COM email address(@marin.edu) to participate in the challenge.
- Please note: If you sign up for the challenge with your personal email, you may still be able to participate, but you will not be entered into the prize drawings.
- You will then be prompted on the app to join the challenge, and you can select if you want to have your name display on the challenge board or be anonymous (either choice is fine).
- This is a special challenge that we are running until October 31, 2021.
- After the challenge is over, you will still be able to use the app for meditations and mindfulness practices for the rest of the school year. You will not be charged for the app as long as you use your COM email address.
- See October Mental Fitness Challenge flyer for further details.
The challenge begins on October 1, but you can start using the app now.
It is up to you how you would like to complete the challenge, but we hope you can find some time for quick breaks and time for yourself this month.
Need Support with the app? Contact Challenge@wisdomlabs.com.