Resilience Challenge - October 2023
The COM Wellness Program is excited to announce that we are offering the October Resilience Challenge again this year. We have offered this challenge before, and we have received great feedback about it! All COM employees have free access to the Wise@Work App, which offers a number of short, work-focused meditation practices and learning modules to help you find some calm and balance before, during, and after your workday.
We are in a busy time of the year, and it can be easy to get bogged down with all the to-dos and tasks. This Resilience Challenge is an opportunity to focus on taking care of ourselves through mindfulness, meditation and learning, even when we’re busy. Regular mindfulness practice has proven to lower stress, reduce burnout, increase creativity, and build resilience—in addition to improving your personal health and wellbeing. If meditations are not your thing, the Wise@Work App also has other learning modules and series that focus on work situations and discussions. There is something for everyone to enjoy and use on the Wise@Work App!
What is the Challenge Goal?
Complete at least 20 meditations and/or learning modules in October on the Wise@Work App, and you'll be entered into a drawing for wellness prizes!
How to Join:
- Download the Wise@Work App from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
- On the app, create an account using your COM email address (@marin.edu) to participate in the challenge.
- Please note: If you sign up for the challenge with your personal email, you may still be able to participate, but you will not be entered into the prize drawings.
- You will then be prompted on the app to join the challenge, and you can select if you want to have your name display on the challenge board or be anonymous (either choice is fine).
- If you are not prompted to join the challenge, please check that your profile shows you are in the Mental Fitness Challenge and shows your challenge stats. Otherwise, your meditations will not count towards the challenge.
- See the October Resilience Challenge flyer for further details.
Premium access to the Wise@Work App is available all year-round for all COM faculty, staff, and students. This is a special October Resilience Meditation Challenge that we are running until October 31, 2023. After the challenge, you may still use the app for meditations and mindfulness practices.
It is up to you how you would like to complete the challenge, but we hope you can find some time for quick breaks and time for yourself this month.
Need Support with the app? Contact Challenge@wisdomlabs.com.
Walktober Challenge - October 2023
NEW CHALLENGE OFFERED BY THE COM WELLNESS PROGRAM!
WALKTOBER CHALLENGE – OCTOBER 1-31, 2023
Take advantage of autumn’s cool temperatures and spectacular views in this fitness campaign. You’ll go on a virtual color tour through some of the world’s most vibrant, breathtaking landscapes and fun events — while boosting energy, improving mood, and making physical activity a priority. Logging activity is simple — using your favorite tracking device or the Step Converter tool. Delicious recipes, inspiring articles, interactive message board, motivating daily emails, and more help keep you moving as well.
The challenge goal is to earn one (1) leaf a day, 5+ days a week by logging 6,000 or more steps. (Please note: You can use the Activity Converter to convert activities to steps, so you don’t just have to walk or run to participate in this challenge.)
- All College of Marin employees are eligible to participate and win prizes. You can participate and win prizes as an individual and/or with a team of 4-5 (maximum of 5 participants per team).
- Challenge starts on Sunday, October 1!
- 40+ prizes available to win! See attached flyer for more information.
- Register for the Walktober Challenge here: https://comwellness.walktober.com/
Questions about the Walktober Challenge? Please go to https://comwellness.walktober.com/#/support and submit a question.