COVID Testing Resources
- Spring 2022 On-Campus COVID Testing - SISC Medical Group Numbers
- Bay Area COVID-19 Community Testing Locations
- Blue Shield Coverage for COVID-19 Testing
Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC)
- Member Resources
- Onsite Wellness - Essential Supplies for the Home, Office and Schools
- Anthem EAP - Emotional Wellness
- Anthem EAP - Someone to Talk To
Blue Shield Members
- Carrum Health Surgery Benefit
- Enhanced Cancer Benefit
- Fitness Your Way
- Hinge Health
- Maven Maternity Program - New!
- Vida Health
- Kaiser Enrollment Form
- New Facility in Santa Rosa
- Kaiser Active & Fit Gym Membership Discounts
- Kaiser - Explore Healthy Resources
- Kaiser Member Reimbursement Form for Medical Claims
2021-2022 Plan Documents
- Kaiser Traditional - HMO Benefits Summary
- Kaiser Traditional - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Traditional - Evidence of Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible - HMO Benefits Summary
- Kaiser Deductible - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible - Evidence of Coverage
- Kaiser High Deductible/Health Saving $1,500 - Benefits Summary
- Kaiser High Deductible/Health Saving $1,500 - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser High Deductible/Health Saving $1,500 - Evidence of Coverage
Kaiser Chiropractic and Acupuncture Care Benefit
Chiropractic and Acupuncture benefits are available through the Kaiser Traditional HMO and the Kaiser Deductible HMO plans.
- Your Kaiser Permanente Chiropractic and Acupuncture benefits
- Accessing Your American Specialty Health Networks Chiropractic Benefit
- Find a Chiropractic Provider
Kaiser Permanente has teamed up with fitness industry leader ClassPass to make it easier for employees to exercise from the comfort of their homes.
2021-2022 Plan Documents
- Blue Shield 80% - Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield 80% - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 80% - Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% - PPO Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield 100% - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% - Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield High Deductible/Health Saving $1,500 Family - Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield High Deductible/Health Saving $1,500 Family - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield High Deductible/Health Saving $1,500 Family - Evidence of Coverage
Blue Shield - Value-Based Purchasing Benefit
SISC has introduced a value-based purchasing benefit for five common procedures (Arthroscopy, Cataract Surgery, Colonoscopy, Upper GI Endoscopy with and without biopsy).
In-Network Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) – pay regular deductible and co-insurance—no benefit change.
In-Network Hospital Outpatient Facility – pay regular deductible and co-insurance, plus the amounts that exceed the reference price.
Blue Shield of California: 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan
All variable hourly, temporary, part-time, seasonal employee or student workers of the Marin Community College District (MCCD) may purchase health insurance for themselves and their eligible children as part of the 2022-2023 Open Enrollment. Employees who choose to enroll will be responsible for making monthly premium payments to the District’s benefits office. Contact the Benefits Office for additional information.
- Affordable Care Act - Offer of Health Insurance
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan Benefit Summary
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Evidence of Coverage
Other Blue Shield Resources
- Blue Shield Claim Form (Employees should use this form ONLY when the Provider of Service does not submit their claim directly to Blue Shield. This is for Blue Shield of California plans)
- Costco Prescription Flyer
- Costco Mail Order Brochure
- Costco Mail Order Registration Form
- Blue Shield Find a PPO Provider
- Blue Shield MD Live Flyer
- Blue Shield MD Live Teletherapy Program Flyer
- Blue Shield Navitus Navigate for Members
- Blue Shield Navitus Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield Navitus Prescription Drug Claim Form
- Blue Shield Pharmacy Member Booklet
- Blue Shield Print ID Card
- Blue Shield Solera 4 Me Diabetes Program
- Coverage for Insulin and Diabetic Test Strips on Navitus RX Plans
- Scripps Hospital - Enhanced Benefit for Hip, Knee and Spine Surgeries for PPO
- Blue Shield Gym Membership Discounts
- Blue Shield - Away From Home Care
- Blue Shield - Traveling BlueCard Program
- Blue Shield - Weight Watchers Benefit
- Value Based Site-of-Care Benefit Change
- Authorization for Release of Personal Health Information
- To Lookup Blue Shield Providers with Quality Ratings for many Hospitals
Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC) Programs
Qualifying Events or Status Changes Outside of Open Enrollment (mid-year qualifying event)
- SISC Membership Change Form
- Other supporting documents for spouse/domestic partner or dependent children as applicable
Part-Time Faculty Benefits Memo
Application for Waiver of District Medical Benefits
Schedule of Benefits
Evidence of Coverage
Dental Reimbursement for Part-Time Faculty (4.2e)
Vision Service Provider
- VSP Website
- VSP Vision Benefits Summary
- VSP Reimbursement Claim Form
- VSP Eyeconic
- VSP Laser VisionCare
- VSP $20 Coupon for Featured Frame Brands
- VSP Featured Frame Benefit - complete list of frames
- VSP Simple Values
- VSP Exclusive Member Extras
- VSP Click Click Hooray
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Anthem EAP Website is a confidential information, support, and referral service offering tools and resources designed to help maximize productivity and meet the challenges of modern life. As an employer-sponsored program, EAP services are available to employees and their household members at no additional cost to them. Areas frequently addressed by the EAP include:
- Child care and parenting
- Helping aging parents
- Financial issues
- Legal concerns
- Work and career
- Emotional well-being
- Addiction and recovery
- Wellness and prevention
- Concierge and convenience services
- Life events
At Anthem EAP we recognize that consumers want a choice of services, and employers seek to enhance their employees’ well-being while managing costs.
For access call (800) 999-7222 or visit: Anthem EAP (use "SISC" for company name)
Si usted necesita ayuda en español para entender esta información, puede solicitarla gratis llamando al número de su programa de asistencia al empleado.
- Employee Assistance Program through Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem EAP Flyer
- Anthem EAP Website
- Anthem EAP Login (use SISC for company name)
- Childcare Resources
- Parenting Resources
Effective 01/01/2021, in order to enroll a Domestic Partner in Health Benefits, you must have a California state-issued Certificate of Registered Domestic Partnership. SISC will no longer be accepting Affidavits of Domestic Partnership.
- Domestic Partner AB205 State Registration Link
- Important Information for Domestic Partners Benefits
- Certification of Tax-Qualified Dependents
- Enrollment Form
- Beneficiary Form
- An Employee Guide to Group Life Beneficiary Designations and Assignments
- Group Life Claim Form
Business Travel and Accident Policy
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance Program
Long Term Disability Plan
Short Term Disability
- Ability Assist(R) Counseling Services (Employee Assistance Program)
- Beneficiary Assist(R) Counseling Services
- Estate Guidance (R) Will Services
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services
- Health Champion(SM) Healthcare support service
- Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services
Building Blocks for Business - For Eligible Employees
Building Blocks for Business - For Eligible Employees
Agent-Assisted Virtual Enrollment Service
Colonial Supplemental Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account
Note: Any enrollment or changes to the Colonial Supplemental Benefits, Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account will be deducted on the October payroll.
Building Blocks for Business is your Agent-Assisted Virtual Enrollment Service provider. All Benefit Eligible College of Marin Employees will schedule an appointment with a Building Blocks Advisor during open enrollment. The Advisors will walk employees through all plan offerings via Screen Share and assist in making your 2022-2023 plan year elections and transitions.
Due to Section 125 and pre-tax eligibility of the Colonial Life plans offered at your workplace, all benefit eligible employees need to complete a session whether you are participating or not.
To Enroll in Colonial Supplemental Benefits, Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account:
- Schedule online: https://collegeofmarin.youcanbook.me
- Email email@example.com with your preferred date and time or;
- CALL 775-382-1287
If you wish to file a wellness/cancer screening claim to Colonial Life for a test performed within the past 18 months, you will submit the type and date of the test performed, as well as your physician’s name and phone number. The Claims department will also want to know if this is for you or another covered individual. If this is for another covered individual, they will require his or her name and Social Security number.
If you file by telephone or Internet, please retain a copy of the medical information and/or, your receipt if needed for further verification.
You may file by:
- Phone: Call 1-800-325-4368 and provide the information requested by our Automated Voice Response System, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week or;
- Internet: Use the Wellness Claim Form at http://www.coloniallife.com/file-a-claim or;
- Fax/Mail: 1-800-880-9325 / P.O. Box 100195, Columbia SC 29202Write your name, address, Social Security number and/or policy/certificate number on your bill and indicate “Wellness Test.”
- If your wellness/cancer screening test was more than 18 months ago, you must fax or mail us a copy of the bill or statement from your physician indicating the type of procedure performed, the charge incurred and the date of service. Please write your full name, Social Security number and current address on the bill.
Colonial Life’s Supplemental accident insurance policy is a medical indemnity plan that provides employees and their families with hospital, doctor, accidental death and catastrophic accident benefits in the event of a covered accident.
Colonial Life’s individual cancer insurance product helps to provide valuable financial protection for America’s workers and their families
in times of need, when medical bills and other expenses related to cancer diagnosis and treatment may limit their ability to focus on what's most important- getting well.
Colonial Life's individual Specified Critical Illness 1.0 insurance helps you and your family maintain financial security during the lengthy expensive recovery period of a critical illness. It provides a lump sum benefit to help with the out-of-pocket medical and non-medical expenses of employees who suffer a critical illness.
Colonial Life’s Individual Medical Bridge insurance can help with medical costs that your health insurance may not cover. These benefits are available for you, your spouse and eligible dependent children.
Colonial Life’s Term Life insurance plan offer life insurance protection where the benefit remains the same through the life of the policy. At the end of the term periods elected by the employee (10-,15-, 20-, or 30-years), the policy maybe continued on a yearly renewable basis, without proof of good health.
Colonial Life’s Whole Life insurance plan is individually owned, with guaranteed level premiums, guaranteed cash values and a guaranteed death benefit. Coverage is permanent and is guaranteed for the life of the policy (to age 100), provided premiums are paid when due.
Colonial Life’s supplemental short-term disability insurance policy is an individual plan that is administered via payroll deduction at the workplace. It insures your employee’s paycheck by replacing a portion of your income, if you become disabled because of a covered accidental injury or covered sickness.
*Guaranteed Issue Available
Pre-Tax Benefit Plans
College of Marin offers tax-free benefit plan(s) that provide you with ways to save up to thousands of dollars per year by offering the option to pay for certain types of expenses with pre-tax payroll deductions. If you choose to participate, you will reduce your taxable income which ultimately results in you having more money to spend! Enroll through the Building Blocks Agent-Assisted Virtual Enrollment Service.
- What Are Flexible Benefit Plans
- FSA Disbursement Form
- FSA Employee Website Guide
- Sterling Debit Card
- FSA Debit Card Q&A
- FSA Qualifying Event Tip Sheet
- Sterling Mobile App
- Sterling Cafeteria Plan Summary Plan Description
- Sterling Transportation Plan Summary Plan Description
- Grace Period and Run Out Periods (For COM)
- Plan year ending 09/30/2021-FSA COVID Extension
- What does a change in FSA Administrator Look Like - Employee View
- Cafeteria Plan - CARES Act Addendum
Dependent Care FSA
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- How HSAs Work
- HSA Eligible Expenses
- Q&A about Concurrent HSA and FSA
- TD Ameritrade
- Transfer Funds Request
Commuter Benefit Solutions
In 2017, the SMART (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) Train started full-service operation from the Sonoma County Airport to downtown San Rafael. In conjunction with the Marin County Office of Education, College of Marin employees have discounted pricing available through Commuter Benefits Solutions on SMART’s monthly unlimited Eco Pass for the 2020-2021 school year. Eco Passes are available for $155-170/month using pre-tax dollars deducted from the employee’s paycheck. Employees must register/enroll online by the 10th of the month through Commuter Benefit Solutions (CBS). Employees may also pay for SMART Train parking fees with pre-tax dollars through the use of a pre-paid MasterCard. If you would like to sign up for commuter benefits, please contact Ron Owen in the Benefits Office.
We are pleased to announce Pet Insurance from Nationwide. With Nationwide, you are free to use any licensed Veterinarian, even specialists and emergency providers. Once you enroll, Nationwide will bill you directly on a monthly basis. There is no payroll deduction option. You may enroll at anytime during the year.
Preferred pricing for employees with multiple pet discounts available
Annual maximum benefit $7,500; a bucket of money to use for treatments/services (no complicated benefit schedule)
Choose 90%, 70%, or 50% reimbursement of invoice (vet bill); $250 annual deductible
No age limitations; rates will not increase with age
Simple pricing; rates are based two factors only - state and species
No waiting period for Hereditary coverage
Reference the "What's Not Covered" document below
Plus these additional benefits:
Advertising and reward expenses
Loss due to theft
There are three simple ways for employees to sign up for their pet insurance voluntary benefit:
Go directly to http://www.petinsurance.com/marin
Visit PetsNationwide.com and enter your company name
Call 877-738-7874 and mention that you are an employee of Marin Community College District to receive preferred pricing.
Pet Insurance - Open Enrollment Materials
Pet Insurance - Rate Sheets for Dog and Cat
Questions and Answers
Dog Park Safety Tips
My Pet Protection: Additional Benefits Coverage
What's Not Covered
403(b) Retirement Plan
As an employee of Marin Community College District, we are pleased to inform you that you are eligible to participate in our 403(b) Retirement Plan. Our 403(b) plan allows you to contribute pre-tax dollars into an investment provider of your choice. Voluntary participation in the plan not only helps you prepare for a more financially secure future, it provides significant tax advantages today.
For additional information, please visit our 403(b) and 457(b) website.
Important Notice regarding
- California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- Social Security Administration
KeenanDirect offers enrollment assistance and expert guidance on a full suite of Insurance products for individuals, families, small businesses, seniors and the self-employed.
Kaiser Permanente has teamed up with fitness industry leader ClassPass to make it easier for your employees to exercise from the comfort of their homes.